Job Description: Billing ClerkJob Application
Incumbents are responsible for activities in support of the office. The scope of duties for this position encompass the following areas, billing & collections, or as needed by administration in furtherance of the business. Primarily this position involves the duties of compiling data, preparing invoices, and bills by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under normal supervision, the applicant for this position may perform the duties below. Management reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind work assignments.
- Reads computer files or gathers records such as patient care records, dispatch reports, and Physician’s Certification Statements.
- Enters information into the computer and or computes amounts due.
- Prepares billing statements listing services provided, amounts due, and terms of payment.
- Prepares computer generated and manual forms to bill third party payers for services provided.
- Prepares pre-authorization forms to provide service.
- Confers with clients by telephone.
- Records information about financial status of client and status of collection efforts.
- Sorts and files correspondence.
- Posts transactions to computer files
- Prepares memorandums to indicate accounts past due.
- Mails form letters to clients to encourage payment of accounts.
- Operates business office machines such as copy machines, fax machine, postage machine, computer, adding machine, calculator, stapler, and shredder.
- Participates in quality improvement activities including audits, peer review and data collection activities.
- Participates in continuing education activities as a student, instructor, or proctor.
- Serves as a company representative promoting positive customer relationships through proactive involvement in public business and community activities.
- Performs office support to administration staff including: preparing, drafting, and proofing various reports, letters, and other correspondence; attending meetings and answering the telephone.
- Provides technical customer service support to other departments, staff, and the general public.
- Creates and maintains various confidential records, files, and databases requiring compilation of varied information.
- Types, enters data, or word-processes a variety of technical documents; compiles data and prepares reports.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes a variety of correspondence, records, and information to appropriate personnel and the general public.
- Processes a variety of forms and paperwork, using established procedures.
- Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods.
- Monitors, procures, and maintains office supplies, business forms, and other material.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma, or GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the language of documents. Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, Ability to write correspondence, Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, employees, field providers, managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the medical community. Ability to listen actively and comprehend the meaning of communications with co-workers, field providers, licensed healthcare professionals, and communications center personnel, supervisors, managers and administrators.